Barbecue is not a food category or an event. Barbecue is a lifestyle. Here are seven things that only those who live barbecue understand.
- You’ll never really trust a vegetarian.
- You find yourself attracted to anyone who smells like barbecue.
- You’ve been involved in many arguments over sauce.
- You spend your free time perfecting impersonations of Myron Mixon.
- 98% of the photos on your phone are of barbecue, the other 2% being selfies of you and barbecue.
- Your guilty pleasure involves spending the night on the couch with your dog, watching a BBQ Pitmasters marathon.
- Truly good barbecue is more of an art than a science.